EMPOWER DANCE EVENTS – Sunday 3rd December
Ben, Tiff and Sophie Manage.
Doors 8.15am and finish 5pm approx.
Tickets are £12 a dancer and £10 a spectator this includes entry to all categories please book by Saturday 25th November. Cash Only please to bdc office
Lux Park Leisure Centre
The venue has great facilities, FREE parking on site, changing rooms and a large café area where they will be selling hot and cold food and drinks, the venue is easily accessible from both A30 into Cornwall and A390.
ENTRIES U12 – FIND ME , OH SO QUIET AND VINTAGE PUNK O16 – I LIVED , THUMBS, EMPIRE
* ‘Outstanding Choreographer’ the judges will select their favourite choreography from all the team dances that day.
* ‘Dance School Spirit Award’ throughout the day our Empower team will be looking out for the loudest and most supportive dance school that cheers on all other competitors as well as their own’ ‘
* ‘Dancer Spirit Award’ the judges and Empower team will be looking out for any dancers that show true team spirit supporting their own dancers and others.
IMPACT MODEL AGENCY will be at the event, who will be scouting for new faces and potential models. Impact will also be offering two FREE places at their next Model Schools.
Judges – Tomas Simon Credits include Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey, Kelly Rowland, Whitney Houston, Ellie Goulding, Cheryl Cole, The Saturdays, Alexandra Burke Tomas is also a regular judge for the UDO Worlds and European Championships. Emily Goulding-Ellis Credits include Sugarbabes, Rihanna Nike, Ferrari, Thriller live, London Pride, Breakin Convention Madeleine Waters Credits include M&S, Lidl, X Factor, Busted, Birdy, Ellie Goulding, Robbie Williams, Years & Years and The Cold War Kids. Amy Tomlinson Credits include X Factor, Mr Selfridge, Got To Dance, FKA Twigs, Katy B, Lukas McFarlane and Kiesza.
Contemporary Solo Dancing Procedure:
Dancers will be called to side of stage (dancer holding area) in category and age by the MC.
- The contest coordinator will check them off the list and if needed will separate them into heats.
- Dancers will then be split into heats depending on the number of dancers in that category and the size of the
dance floor / stage.
- Each dancer will be advised by the contest coordinator which heat they are in. Dancers will remain in the
holding area until their heat has been called to the floor. There will be approx. 8-12 dancers on the stage in each
- The music will play for 60-90 seconds per heat.
- The judges may move and select the dancer numbers they want to recall to the next round. That heat will leave
the floor and the next heat will be called, the cycle will be repeated until all dancers from that category and age
division have danced.
- Recalls will be announced by age division and the numbers of the dancers that are successfully through to the
next round will be called to the dance floor to dance again.
- Recalls will continue until we have reached the dancers required for a Final (this is approx. 7 dancers). Ensure
you do not miss your category that you have registered in as you will not be permitted to dance in another
category. If you are not ticked off at side of stage before the category begins dancing you may not be allowed to
What are the Judges looking for? Musicality Your connection to the music Showing a variety of movement and understanding of the contemporary style, Energy, Enthusiasm and Confidence, Uniqueness & Interpretation , Technique
Quads 12 and under Came here for love 16 years and under swish swish 17 years over mi gente feat beyonce THEY WILL PLAY 90 SECONDS YOU CAN DANCE ANY STYLE
Accommodation for animate group being arranged between animate parents.